Happy New Year! My resolutions:
- Finish writing a longer novel. Specters of Nemesis is next on the list, since I know you guys have been waiting patiently.
- Write something shorter. Kiss of the Rhinemaiden, Felicia Kitling, Unseen, Celestial, or something totally random.
- Write for fun! 2015 was the year of writing angst. “What should I write next? Why do I have ninety million unfinished manuscripts? Who will actually read any of this…?”
- Read at least 100 books. I’m cheating and counting the books I read late this year.
- Survive grad school. I’m working on my Master of Science in Computational Linguistics right now.
- Welcome Baby Ruby in 2016. 🙂
What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?
Wow, this year went by fast! Some of the cooler writing stuff I did in 2013:
- Finished writing Shadows of Asphodel, which I started in September 2012 after having a dream about a certain necromancer.
- Decided to self-publish Shadows after realizing it wouldn’t be out for years if I took the traditional route.
- Ran a Kickstarter to help pay for publishing. Successfully 113% funded, thanks to my awesome backers.
- Published Shadows in September! (100 years after the year in the book, 1913, which I was totally aiming for.)
- Started writing the sequel, Storms of Lazarus, which will be out in 2014.
- Started writing a Super Secret WIP that involves romance and Paris. This, too, will be out in 2014 if I get my butt in gear.
Storms of Lazarus and the Super Secret WIP will be my top priorities for 2014, though I also have some super awesome plans for January. (Hint: steampunk. Tons and tons of steampunk.) More about that tomorrow. See you in 2014!